If the kids are bored or you fancy making a fun gift then here is a summer themed stationery project. Memo-pops! Easy, graphic, fun.
1. You will need: wooden popsicle sticks, pads of sticky notes, pencil, glue, circle cutter, eraser, knife, ruler, card, packaging (optional)
2. Decide on your shapes. Varying scales make the memos more fun and geometric shapes are easiest to cut. Use a compass cutter for the circles. It is easier if you split the pad of stickies so you can cut neater layers, and then reassemble once you have cut out the shapes. A blob of blue tac will prevent a hole going all the way through the pad.Â Be sure to cut the shape within the section which contains the sticky part, otherwise your memos will fall off! Make sure you recycle the waste.
3. Once you have chosen your shapes arrange them on the stick, and draw around them onto the card. Cut this shape out.
4. Attach the stick with glue to the back of the card cut out. On the reverse side glue on the memo pads.
5. There are infinite possibilities. Cheap stickies come in lots of colours and sizes. You can add your name on the stick with transfers or even handwriting.
6. Make lists!